This is an update about my Japan visa application. On my previous blog I have discussed how i was denied visa when I applied directly at Japan Embassy in Riyadh. After googling for blogs about “Japan Visa denied”, I found this blog “http://sarisaringisip.blogspot.com” which is very helpful and inspiring. I tried my luck in Manila and decided to submit my appeal/reapplication through “Friendship Tours and Resorts Inc.” located at Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati City. This Agency is giving the best customer service based from so many good reviews. Staff are respectful, polite and will advice applicants the best possible ways to get visa approval, though not guaranteed. I only knew this agency through a blog, I wasn’t paid by them in any way but i highly recommend their services.
Documents required in Manila:
- I prepared new set of the same documents which I had submitted in Riyadh as stated on my previous blog (please read my first blog for reference) but my COE etc. was addressed now at Japan Embassy Manila and I’ve added the following:
- From my Guarantor – Invitation letter, Guarantee letter, family registration, Tax certificate, daily itinerary, all original docs came from Japan.
- Cover Letter & Explanation/Appeal Letter – I submitted 4 pages explanation of the following: The possible reason why I was denied visa in Riyadh, why I need to reapply in Manila, why they should approve my visa application, why I must go back to Riyadh after my vacation and the negative effects if I don’t return after my trip. Also I have explained why I cannot submit an ITR (because I’m an OFW) and bank certificate (because only bank statement is being provided in KSA).
Personal background during my application in Manila:
- I had been issued Japan visa (visiting relatives) in Riyadh in 2013 and visited Japan for 10 days, with Japanese guarantor
- I travel 3-4 times per year for tourism/vacation from Riyadh to cities/countries of my choice
- I had traveled to total of 23 countries in the last 10 years, including 6 out of 7 member countries of G7 in the last 3 years
- have an existing valid multiple-entry visas 10 yrs US, 1 yr Australia and 5 yrs Canada, with used 4 Schengen visas, 1 UK visa and 1 Japan visa
- An OFW in Saudi Arabia for 11 years (all visas issued in Riyadh)
- I applied my latest Japan Visa during my vacation in Manila
- 1st Japan visa for Visiting Relatives approved in 2013 in Riyadh, 2nd Japan visa for Sightseeing/Tourism denied in Nov2017 in Riyadh, 3rd Japan visa for Visiting Relatives approved in Dec2017 in Manila
- I reapplied in Manila after 1 month from being denied visa in Riyadh
- I did not submit plane tickets to Japan when i applied in Manila
- it only took 2 working days to issue my Japan visa in Manila via FriendshipTours
- having an existing visas and consistent travel history from richer Western countries does not guarantee automatic Japan visa approval
- having travel history to Japan with used Japan visa does not always guarantee automatic Japan visa approval for your next visa application
- having more money in the bank does not guarantee visa approval as others even with low cash balance still gets visa approval
- the statement published by Japan Embassy and foreign affairs websites “Japan relaxes visas for Filipinos” could only be applicable to a very specific individuals and may not be applicable to many
- many first time travelers are being granted visas and at the same time many well-traveled individuals still getting denied visa
- Japan is the only country i knew which admittedly will never disclose reasons of visa refusal